DAY 1- QUITO TRAILS
This will be our first day of riding in our awesome local trails. We’ll explore 3 trails on 2 different mountains (Ilalo & Lumbisí area). Quito’s elevation of 2,800m will serve well to acclimatize for future days in the highlands. Overnight at Casa Q Hotel.
DAY 2 - PULULAHUA Volcano trails
This is another trail near Quito but with a unique vegetation and climate. Infiernillo Trail is one of the few trails that descend towards are costal zones; experience this amazing single-track that seems to go over all types of terrain descending nearly 1800m! Drive to Ibarra for overnight at Quinta San Miguel.
DAY 3 - ibarra trails
Today we’ll experience the magical Chota Trails! Completely different landscapes than the days before, riding this high alpine desert will certainly provide thrills and perhaps a few thorns too! Tubeless set-up goes a long way for this particular trail. Overnight at Quinta San Miguel
DAY 4 - chota valley trails
Today we’ll experience the magical Chota Trails! Completely different landscapes than the days before, riding this high alpine desert will certainly provide thrills and perhaps a few thorns too! Tubeless set-up goes a long way for this particular trail. We'll then drive back to Quito for our overnight at Casa Q Hotel.
DAY 5 - cotopaxi volcano
Today we'll experience the definition of 'free-ride' when we tackle the amazing volcanic sand slopes of Cotopaxi! We'll do as many as 3 different descents and then ride along trails in the flatter hills of the National Park. We'll eat some nice and warm meal before driving to Quilotoa village for our overnight at Alpaka Quilotoa.
DAY 6 - Quilotoa volcano lagoon
This day will serve as bit of a rest day but with many amazing views to be seen in this magical lagoon, located inside an extinct volcano. e''l sample a few beautiful trails along the ridge line of the crater and some short descents towards communities near by. Such a perfect way to close a week of awesome riding! Drive back to Quito.
Both 6-Day tours feature the best trails from Northern to Central Ecuador. On our first option we travel north for both Pululahua and Chota Valley trails, and then continue south as far as Chimborazo-Guaranda area for the Hieleros Trail. Check out our tour itinerary for a full description.
IS THIS RIDE FOR YOU?
- You like riding DH /AM the most and have a full-suspension bike, with hydraulic disk brakes and at least 5-6” of travel, which is in perfect shape.
- You can manage technical terrain, like rocky sections, steeps, roots, rock gardens, and terrain features such as old stone steps, natural humps.
- You've ridden some jumps and features (i.e. north-shore), or wouldn't mind trying (you can always ride around all the jumps/features on the local trails).
- You're not afraid to get out of your cultural comfort zone and experience something different, like an exotic meal or meeting the elders at a village.
- You like to give back to local communities when you go traveling.
MTB SKILL RATING
- 6 days of riding / 5 nights hotel nights
- 5 nights accommodations w/ breakfast included
- 6 full lunches, snacks and water for every day of riding
- Experienced MTB guides w/ Wilderness First Aid certification
- 4x4 vehicle transport with support driver
- Protective gear; such as helmet, knee & elbow pads, gloves
- Complimentary beer after each ride
- Extra hotel nights apart from 5 nights included in tour
- Alcoholic beverages
- Entrance fees to national parks or museums
- Bike rental; extra USD $390 (for 6 days)
- Clipless pedals and/or shoes