DAY 1 - QUITO TRAILS
This will be our first day of riding in our awesome local trails. We’ll explore 3 trails on 2 different mountains (Ilalo & Lumbisí area). Quito’s elevation of 2,800m will serve well to acclimatize for future days in the highlands. Overnight (Quito) at Casa de Hacienda La Jimenita.
DAY 2 - RUCU PICHINCHA ADVENTURE
Today will have an awesome mix of lift access and hike a bike to experience the amazing Rucu Pichincha Mountain, which looks over the Quito. Will have and amazing ridge ride and first experience of high páramo landscape. Drive to Quilotoa for Overnight at Alpaca Quilotoa Inn.
DAY 3 - QUILOTOA VOLCANO LAGOON
This day will serve as our first rest day! Still many amazing views to be seen in this magical lagoon, located inside an extinct volcano. And of course, if anyone is interested, there are certainly a couple of sweet trails to sample in the area. Amazing views are guaranteed. Drive to Urbina (near Riobamba) for our overnight at Posada La Estación.
DAY 4 - CHIMBORAZO & HIELEROS TRAIL
Another day of incredible high Andean exploration! We will visit the mighty Chimborazo(highest in Ecuador), to start our biking from around 5000m; being this the highest point in our tour. We’ll then descend trough the famous Hieleros Trail towards the town of Cochas, near Guaranda. Almost 3000m of descending on this day alone! Overnight in Guaranda at Hostería el Angel for our next 2 nights.
DAY 5 - MAMA RUMI TRAIL
Experience one of the longest and most legendary trails in Ecuador! Once a pre-inca pass, and later a smuggling route, Mama Rumi now serves as one of the best DH trails in Ecuador. Over 2000m drop and 10 km of trail, Mama Rumi is sure to bring a challenge for everyone as well as smiles! Overnight at El Angel.
DAY 6 - SAN MIGUEL TRAILS
Today we’ll have the opportunity to sample some more local trails in the area, like the Camino del Rey trail or El Divino trail, before traveling back to Quito.
Both 6-Day tours feature the best trails from Central to Northern Ecuador. On this 2nd option we travel from Quito down south as far as beautiful Bolivar province, where we get to sample trails like Mama Rumi, Camino del Rey, El Divino, and many more. Take a look at our tour itinerary for a full description.
IS THIS RIDE FOR YOU?
- You like riding DH /AM the most and have a full-suspension bike, with hydraulic disk brakes and at least 5-6” of travel, which is in perfect shape.
- You can manage technical terrain, like rocky sections, steeps, roots, rock gardens, and terrain features such as old stone steps, natural humps.
- You've ridden some jumps and features (i.e. north-shore), or wouldn't mind trying (you can always ride around all the jumps/features on the local trails).
- You're not afraid to get out of your cultural comfort zone and experience something different, like an exotic meal or meeting the elders at a village.
- You like to give back to local communities when you go traveling.
MTB SKILL RATING
- 8 day stay (ALL HOTEL NIGHTS INCLUDED)
- 6 days of riding
- USD $1400 - groups of 4 riders or less
- USD $1600 - groups of 5 riders or more
USD $350 / $400 respectively
- All accommodations w/ breakfast
- Full lunch, and complimentary beer, drinks, and water for 10 days riding
- 2 MTB guides (depending on # of group, could be + or -)
- Transportation for duration of tour
- RIDE Ecuador ¾ WIP mtb jersey (specify size please)
- Shuttle service for airport transfers
- Extra hotel nights apart from 8 nights included in according tour
- Dinners & Beverages
- Alcoholic beverages
- Entrance fees to national parks or museums
- Bike rental; extra USD $390 (for 6 days)
- Protective gear; such as helmet, knee & elbow pads, gloves
- Clipless pedals and/or shoes