DAY 1- QUITO TRAILS
This will be our first day of riding in our awesome local trails. We’ll explore 3 trails on 2 different mountains (Ilalo & Lumbisí area). Quito’s elevation of 2,800m will serve well to acclimatize for future days in the highlands. Overnight (Quito) at Casa de Hacienda La Jimenita.
DAY 2 - PULULAHUA GEO-BOTANICAL RESERVE
This is another trail near Quito but with a unique vegetation and climate. Infiernillo Trail is one of the few trails that descend towards are costal zones; experience this amazing single-track that seems to go over all types of terrain descending nearly 1800m! Drive to Ibarra for overnight at Quinta San Miguel.
DAY 3 - CHOTA VALLEY TRAILS - IBARRA
Today we’ll experience the magical Chota Trails! Completely different landscapes than the days before, riding this high alpine desert will certainly provide thrills and perhaps a few thorns too! Tubeless set-up goes a long way for this particular trail. Drive back to Quito for overnight at La Jimenita.
DAY 4 - RUCU PICHINCHA ADVENTURE
Today will have an awesome mix of lift access and hike a bike to experience the amazing Rucu Pichincha Mountain, which looks over the Quito. Will have and amazing ridge ride and first experience of high páramo landscape. Drive to Quilotoa for Overnight at Alpaca Quilotoa Inn.
DAY 5 - QUILOTOA VOLCANO LAGOON
This day will serve as our first rest day! Still many amazing views to be seen in this magical lagoon, located inside an extinct volcano. And of course, if anyone is interested, there are certainly a couple of sweet trails to sample in the area. Amazing views are guaranteed. Drive to Urbina (near Riobamba) for our overnight at Posada La Estación.
DAY 6 - CHIMBORAZO & HIELEROS TRAIL
Another day of incredible high Andean exploration! We will visit the mighty Chimborazo (highest in Ecuador), to start our biking from around 5000m; being this the highest point in our tour. We’ll then descend through the famous Hieleros Trail towards the town of Cochas, near Guaranda. Almost 3000m of descending on this day alone! Drive towards Guaranda for lunch, and then back to Quito.
Both 6-Day tours feature the best trails from Northern to Central Ecuador. On our first option we travel north for both Pululahua and Chota Valley trails, and then continue south as far as Chimborazo-Guaranda area for the Hieleros Trail. Check out our tour itinerary for a full description.
IS THIS RIDE FOR YOU?
- You like riding DH /AM the most and have a full-suspension bike, with hydraulic disk brakes and at least 5-6” of travel, which is in perfect shape.
- You can manage technical terrain, like rocky sections, steeps, roots, rock gardens, and terrain features such as old stone steps, natural humps.
- You've ridden some jumps and features (i.e. north-shore), or wouldn't mind trying (you can always ride around all the jumps/features on the local trails).
- You're not afraid to get out of your cultural comfort zone and experience something different, like an exotic meal or meeting the elders at a village.
- You like to give back to local communities when you go traveling.
MTB SKILL RATING
- 8 days stay (ALL HOTEL NIGHTS INCLUDED)
- 6 days of riding
- USD $1406 per person - groups of 4 riders or less
- USD $1606 per person - groups of 5 riders or more
USD $350 / $400 respectively
- All accommodations w/ breakfast
- Full lunch, and complimentary beer, drinks, and water for 10 days riding
- 2 MTB guides (depending on # of group, could be + or -)
- Transportation for duration of tour
- RIDE Ecuador ¾ WIP mtb jersey (specify size please)
- Shuttle service for airport transfers
- Extra hotel nights apart from 8 nights included in according tour
- Dinners & Beverages
- Alcoholic beverages
- Entrance fees to national parks or museums
- Bike rental; extra USD $390 (for 6 days)
- Protective gear; such as helmet, knee & elbow pads, gloves
- Clipless pedals and/or shoes