Passenger arrival in Quito greeted by Ride Ecuador shuttle at airport. Settle into hotel and have time to build and set-up bikes. Evening meet & greet as well as tour details and briefing.
day 1 - QUITO TRAILS
Our first day of riding some awesome local trails! We’ll explore different hills around Quito. Starting at Parque Metropolitano will descend towards the valleys to ride Ilalo and Lumbisí trails. Dinner in Old town and then to Casa de Hacienda La Jimenita for the night.
DAY 2 - PULULAHUA GEO-BOTANICAL RESERVE
This is another trail near Quito but with a unique vegetation and climate. Infiernillo Trail is one of the few trails that descend towards are costal zones; experience this amazing single-track that seems to go over all types of terrain descending nearly 1800m! Drive to Ibarra for overnight at Quinta San Miguel.
DAY 3 - CHOTA VALLEY TRAILS - IBARRA
We’ll experience the magical Chota Trails! Completely different landscapes than the days before, riding this high alpine desert will certainly provide thrills and perhaps a few thorns too! Tubeless set-up goes a long way for this particular trail. Drive back to Quito for overnight at La Jimenita, Quito.
day 4 - PICHINCHA MoUNTAINS ADVENTURE
Today will be an awesome flowy single-track traverse from Guagua Pichincha Volcano towards Rucu! Beautiful long trail that overlooks Quito and it’s valleys. Some lift access by Rucu to get even more descending through high páramo landscape. Drive to Urbina (near Riobamba) for our overnight at Posada La Estación.
DAY 5 - CHIMBORAZO & HIELEROS TRAIL
Another day of incredible high Andean exploration! We will visit the mighty Chimborazo (highest in Ecuador) to start our biking from around 5000m, we’ll then descend through the famous Hieleros Trail towards the town of Cochas, near Guaranda. Almost 3000m of descending on this day alone! Overnight at Hostería El Angel, Guaranda
DAY 6 - MAMA RUMI TRAIL
Experience one of the longest and most legendary trails in Ecuador! Once a pre-inca pass, and later a smuggling route, Mama Rumi now serves as one of the best DH trails in Ecuador. Over 2000m drop and 10 km of trail, Mama Rumi is a must! We'll also have the chance to ride another 12km trail! Over-night at El Angel, Guaranda.
DAY 7 - SAN MIGUEL TRAILS
This day we'll slow the pace a bit to recover our muscles. We’ll still have the opportunity to sample more local trails in the area, like the Camino del Rey trail or El Divino trail, before travelling further south. Drive towards Alausí for overnight at Hostería La Quinta.
DAY 8 - ALaUSÍ & NIZAG TRAILS
We’ll explore more Inca trails around the magical mountains of Alausí! Unbelievable single-tracks with spectacular views. Experience incredible trail riding towards our most famous train station, La Nariz del Diablo (The Devil’s Nose). Overnight at Posada Ingapirca, Cañar.
day 9 - Cuenca trails
More sampling of southern Ecuador's finest single-track. We'll ride a couple of trails on our way down to Cuenca. In the afternoon, Turi DH will provide some thrills before we get a chance to explore the beautiful city at night. Overnight at Hotel Victoria.
DAY 10 - LA PAZ TRAIL
On our very last day of riding we will have some the most fun trails in the country, the famous and beloved La Paz Trail. We’ll ride 3-4 different single-tracks and return to Cuenca for our last celebration dinner at El Mercado restaurant. Overnight at Hotel Victoria.
TRANSFER DAY OUT
- Drive back to Quito with van at 8am; approx. 8 hour drive. Passengers need to make plans according to their date & time of departure (extra hotel night is not included but we can help you book).
- Option to fly back to Quito by cost of extra one way ticket, approx. USD $65
Imagine yourself on a land filled with massive mountains and volcanoes, where 2000m descents are pretty much the norm; imagine a country so rich and diverse that each trail you ride will seem completely different than the next? Imagine yourself exploring most of our huge Andes Cordillera, where highland páramo landscapes and beautiful valleys greet you with their incredible variety of trails.
This is what RIDE ECUADOR is all about, exploring remote areas on board your bike, meeting our friendly people, and diving a bit further into our culture. Creating these magical moments in our mountains, trails, and towns is our goal! Our 10-Day tour is the absolute best way to explore the most out of our beautiful Andean Ecuador, and deliver smiles for days to come!
Is this Ride for you?
- You like riding DH /AM the most and have a full-suspension bike, with hydraulic disk brakes and at least 5-6” of travel, which is in perfect shape.
- You can manage technical terrain, like rocky sections, steeps, roots, rock gardens, and terrain features such as old stone steps, natural humps.
- You've ridden some jumps and features (i.e. north-shore), or wouldn't mind trying (you can always ride around all the jumps/features on the local trails).
- You're not afraid to get out of your cultural comfort zone and experience something different, like an exotic meal or meeting the elders at a village.
- You like to give back to local communities when you go traveling.
MTB SKILL RATING
- 12 days stay (11 hotel nights included)
- 10 days of riding
- USD $2695 pp - groups of 3-4 riders
- USD $2895 pp - groups of 5-7 riders
- USD $2795 pp - groups of 8-10 riders
USD $540 / $580 / 560 respectively
- All accommodations w/ breakfast
- All lunches w/ complimentary snacks & water. One dinner at El Mercado, Cuenca
- MTB guides; varies w/ # of passengers
- Private transportation and shuttling
- RIDE Ecuador ¾ WIP MTB jersey (specify size)
- Transport to/from airport
- Extra hotel nights apart from the 11 nights included in tour
- One-way airplane ticket from Cuenca to Quito
- 10 dinners on tour. Alcoholic beverages on tour
- Entrance fees to national parks or museums
- Bike rental; extra USD $650 (for 10 days)
- Protective gear; such as helmet, knee & elbow pads, gloves
- Clipless pedals and/or shoes